Monday, March 14, 2016

Nursery Rhymes - Humpty Dumpty

This one of my favorite Nursery Rhymes to work with! It has soooo many things to teach in language arts, math and science. I have a complete unit in my Teachers Pay Teachers store that includes a full week of lesson plans with books and activities. It's a great resource, but I found a lot of things online that I had to share as well! To start, here are a couple of books you can buy that would add to your classroom library.  Be sure to come back next week when we will cover There Was an Woman Who Lived In a Shoe.

For today, I want to introduce my Humpty Dumpty unit.



https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Nursery-Rhyme-Humpty-Dumpty-Activities-2253788

This unit includes the poem above and a colorful ebook below.

https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Nursery-Rhyme-Humpty-Dumpty-Activities-2253788

I found some books that could be useful on amazon!


This first activity requires gentle hands, but with enough extra eggs to go around, I think it would be a great skill to practice!


This was another creative idea!


And another...


Are all these eggs making you hungry?  How about a snack idea.


And another snack for all you overachievers out there!


And finally, a great idea for a math center.


Today is Monday, so that means another freebie! I am including a page from my own Humpty Dumpty unit that is for sale on my Teachers Pay Teachers store. Just print and copy this page for each student. Let them color and cut along the dotted lines. Add bandaids to put Humpty back together again. Cute, cute! Click below to download the free page, and be sure to check out my Teachers Pay Teachers store to buy the entire unit for a steal of a deal!







2 comments:

  1. I saw your post Very interesting. I like this blog and I will look forward to reading more stuff.

    Nursery Rhymes

    Kids

    ReplyDelete